Help with electric blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqariumclements

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone hope your all enjoying the run up to Christmas I went to petsathome yesterday and fell in love with a pair of EBR males and couldn't resist buying them I acclimatised them nice and slow turning the lights off etc, my parameters are all good ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate ever so slightly present, my ph is 7 on the chart, I've tried feeding but all the other fish eat the food before they seem interested and they seem to be hiding at the back off the tank, will they be okay and start to feel okay in the tank soon?

I had a pair for a little bit, these are tricky fish, they were skittish for a couple days, have you done research on them? They like a high temp and ph, I was not very well educated on these fish and lost them in a matter of months.

Yeah I did a fair bit I new they liked high temps and middle to slightly low ph however shop bought doesn't mind ph of around 7, I've also learnt they are intolerant of nitrate and nitrite however my tank is over filtered and also heavily planted so my water levels are mostly pristine, just abit worried that there care level is expert has anyone had problems keeping these fish?

Mine were adults when I got them I put them In my qaurinteen (I can't spell) tank and the we're eating right away

What is that red fish above them or is that reflection of something?

No that's my biggest torpedo barb he's a good inch longer than the rest and a lot fuller In the body too I thought it made quite a kool picture

No that's my biggest torpedo barb he's a good inch longer than the rest and a lot fuller In the body too I thought it made quite a kool picture

Yeah it did. From that angle it looked like some big puffer fish I had never heard of looks like a wide body. Well its good to know it was just a barb. I thought I was going to have to find room for another fish :)

Haha I know what you meen I'm constantly wanting to expand and try new substrates etc out, don't suppose you have any advice on keeping EBR do you? What fish do you keep

Does anyone know the sex of the pair I was told when I bought them she guessed at them
Both being males but I'm not so sure?!

Attachments

• image-3500337334.jpg
    image-3500337334.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image-2175743050.jpg
    image-2175743050.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 55
Haha I know what you meen I'm constantly wanting to expand and try new substrates etc out, don't suppose you have any advice on keeping EBR do you? What fish do you keep

I dont have allot of experience with Rams. I have kept GBR but not EBR I really enjoyed my GBR until they went insane on each other. I tried adding a second pain in a 75 and they tried killing each other until I was down to a single male. I currently have fire mouth fry in a 20 long. When they are gone I think I am going to get another GBR pair for that tank and keep it to a single pair. I don't care about breeding so maybe a couple females.

I currently keep mostly new world cichlids. I also keep Peacocks, Green spotted puffer, and two fancy fold fish. The new worlds include Jack Dempsey, Firemouths, Oscar, Salvini, and Manguene. I plan to rehome the salvini and managuen when they get bigger and keep a tank of my 1 Oscar and a group of firemouths and my female JD. Currently my favorite fish are Firemouths.

Back
Top Bottom