Help with food issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishOwner

Aquarium Advice Activist
I feed my shrimp a combination of fish flakes, spinach crisps (made at home), and sinking pellets. The problem is every time I try to feed my shrimp, my neon tetras eat the food before the shrimp can. The tetras come and bully the shrimp until they leave. Then they consume whatever I put in. The sinking pellets don't even reach the gravel before they are swallowed whole.

I believe they are the cause of my recent outbreak of White Ring of Death. The shrimp aren't getting enough protein... does anyone know how to deter the fish from eating shrimp food?

I'm using this forum so much :dance:. Thanks for everyone's help!

I feed my shrimp a combination of fish flakes, spinach crisps (made at home), and sinking pellets. The problem is every time I try to feed my shrimp, my neon tetras eat the food before the shrimp can. The tetras come and bully the shrimp until they leave. Then they consume whatever I put in. The sinking pellets don't even reach the gravel before they are swallowed whole.

I believe they are the cause of my recent outbreak of White Ring of Death. The shrimp aren't getting enough protein... does anyone know how to deter the fish from eating shrimp food?

I'm using this forum so much :dance:. Thanks for everyone's help!

Shrimp don’t really need feeding. It’s not the lack of food thats causing the rings. I’ve have red cherry shrimp and Amano shrimp for years and I’ve never actively tried to feed them. They just pick through the left over waste and it algae. So in theory, you could avoid this issue all together.

Alternatively, if you really want to feed the shrimp you could use a long tube to put the food in so that it travels to the bottom of the tank without the tertras even knowing.

Bacter AE Shrimp food is good. Use very little and watch the videos on it first.

Back
Top Bottom