help with groupers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ehull71

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just got a minatus and blue spotted grouper about 3 days ago they are fighting and i was wondering if they are to close alike

Dunno for sure, but any fish that look alike, especially from the same family are bound to fight. I'd figure out which one you like best and return the other.

What sized tank? The Minatus gets over a foot long and the other about a foot (and is very aggressive towards other tankmates). Either one will eat other fish they can get into their mouths, so be careful what you put in there.

I was going to get a minatus, but the dealer said they can be aggressive. Maybe they aren't fighting maybe on is picking on the other.

minatus are quite aggressive did you get any suggestion from the local LFS ? Hope you should not add smaller fishes into the tank as it will be of no use when minatus are present there. use a different bigger community reef fishes and most important need to maintain room temp. and cleaning of tank every few weeks.what's the size of tank ? one of my friend faced the same kind of problem with minatus pairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom