Help with ich? PLEASE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok.

Raising the temperature only makes them "hibernate" for a later infestation both salt and freshwater ick.

go get on craigslist and get a 10 gallon tank , heater, light and filter and open up your very first quarantine tank just like me!!!

Try the copper and get a copper test.

Prepare to become a full blown geek.

Lol I'll get into that... And think I turned geek when I got the API test kit haha :)

Just an update:

Decided to medicate because all of the fish were 90% covered in spots an I couldn't stand to see them miserable... Did one dose of quick cure and I saw DRAMATIC improvement almost immediately in their behavior and overnight half the ich was gone... And now only 14 hours after their second dose I only have 2 or 3 spot left on one of my neons... I'm so happy! One more day and I can start getting my tank back to normal... Aside from keeping impeccable water conditions what can I do to prevent further outbreaks?

Adangelo100 said:
Just an update:

Decided to medicate because all of the fish were 90% covered in spots an I couldn't stand to see them miserable... Did one dose of quick cure and I saw DRAMATIC improvement almost immediately in their behavior and overnight half the ich was gone... And now only 14 hours after their second dose I only have 2 or 3 spot left on one of my neons... I'm so happy! One more day and I can start getting my tank back to normal... Aside from keeping impeccable water conditions what can I do to prevent further outbreaks?

Yes now scrub the crap out of the walls pvc piping if you have it and change the filter. Vacuum vacuum vacuum those guys fell off and now are sitting on the walls and floor watching to hatch again. Water changes too

Back
Top Bottom