Help with Lighting Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natedugan76

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, I'm new to the forum.
I am a beginner aquarist, and I'm interested in setting up a planted tank.
I plan on growing low-to-medium light plants in a 10-gallon tank.
I would like some advice on what light fixture to use in this case. All recommendations are welcome.
My budget is ~$100 give or take.
Help me to find something that isn't going to break in a year. Fluorescent or LED is okay as long as it's going to last (bulb changes are OK) and grow plants decently.
Thanks so much,
Nathan

Nicrew LED
Asta Planted 20 x 2 LED
Finnex LED
Fluval nano 3.0 (my personal choice)

Those will be good options, not many fluorescent options on a 10 gallon unless you want to set up a few 23 watt 6000k compact florescent bulbs, that's what I had success with in my last 10 gallon tank, 2 of them.

Nicrew LED
Asta Planted 20 x 2 LED
Finnex LED
Fluval nano 3.0 (my personal choice)

Those will be good options, not many fluorescent options on a 10 gallon unless you want to set up a few 23 watt 6000k compact florescent bulbs, that's what I had success with in my last 10 gallon tank, 2 of them.

@ZxC, I’m in the same situation have a 110l tank. Do you think the fluval 3.0 nano will be suitable for this for easy-medium plants or would I be better off going for the 3.0 series strip light instead ? Thanks

@ZxC, I’m in the same situation have a 110l tank. Do you think the fluval 3.0 nano will be suitable for this for easy-medium plants or would I be better off going for the 3.0 series strip light instead ? Thanks

3.0 if you've got a 29 gallon.

or T5-HO, or both if you've got CO2 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom