Help with lighting options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kris33

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hopefully someone can help? I have a 60 gallon with the middle bar in the top which gives me TWO glass openings, can the light sit on top of the glass or does it literally have to shine directly on the water? Plus being mines a tall tank 24"H 48"W which light is REALLY suggested? There's the 36-48"ones then obviously higher. I don't care if the brackets are out... I've also never heard of the 6-12" rule of your light being above your water/talk...
I fill my tank atw up to the top about 2-3"with water? I have a tall tank is this not the way to do this? If anyone can please enlighten me on this matter, I'd be very grateful!! Pictures should be loaded to show..... Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 21
Hi!

You let the light bar set on top on the glass tops. It usually sets on the glass tops, depending on the style of light.

Usually there is the glass top side with a lift part to use to open and feed and the other side with none goes at the back. Then the light stays sitting on the one part which does not open to feed.

Other lights have braces which sit above water as would be with a rimless tank or with no glass top. Not all are this tall above the aquarium

https://buceplant.com/products/twin...euu-tM-Fr3hgyJ3dt-H8HDEm37t-GaMxoCjoEQAvD_BwE

Some have a drop style like a desk light or pendant for lack of a better word with a special mount or gooseneck bracket.

What is the width of your tank? 36", 48" or?

Also when deciding on a light bar with brackets, pay attention to the actual width of the part with the lights on it.

If you scroll to the bottom of this page of the link, it shows you lights size options

18-24" this one means the light bar is 18" and can fit on a larger tank because it has side brackets which expand out further.

My tanks are 48" wide and I have lights which are 48-60" (my light bar is ~48") to ensure that I have the maximum coverage of lighting in the corners of my tanks because I want to grow plants.

https://current-usa.com/satellite-freshwater-plus-led/

Autumnsky thanks helping with the lights and lighting of my 60 gallon tall tank

Thanks! You seem to be the only one that replies to my listings etc...I emailed you not sure if this is how to reply back?To smart your question I have a 48.25"W by 24.75"H a tall tank....With those hidden 12" white and blue LEDs idk if you saw in the picture I posted? Some friends say that that's enough lighting I would ONLY be getting another light just because I wanted one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Yess I do want one lol but I have three Water Wistera plants and there growth is amazing Using flourish from Seachem and root tabs and Lucky Bamboo.... That's all for plants, it's not an aquascaped tank etc etc.... Soo OVERALL the lights clip on under the glass hoods where you said it best ones for opening to feed/clean etc other just sits there.... I used to have them sit on top of the tank then I used the clips to clip them under the lids..... So Is it truly enough and the lighting's a way more preference thing..... MAIN reason I have 16 fish overall and the two Leopard Ctenopoma's also known as the Leopard Bush Fish and they like to hide where there's no light most of the time as well.... Soo thanks for reading my looong text back to you and hopefully it'll help just explain my situation a lot better to you.... I'll try and post this on the thread hopefully you or SOMEONE sees it.... Thanks guys!

If anyone else has any help they could provide, I'd be grateful as well! ����

Back
Top Bottom