Help with my lighting schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a nova extreme T5HO 4x54 two 10k and two actinic. I'm just wondering what you guys recommend schedule wise. I sleep till late morning and I'm up to midnight everynight that I dont work (I work 12hr nights 3 days a week). Right now I'm Turning actinics on at like 8am when I get home, sleeping till 2, turning 10ks on 2-8, then turning actinics off at 9ish. I am getting a lot of bad algae growing. I do feed a couple times a day, and might need another koralia. But as far as lights go what do you recommend? (I just got a few timers)

Timers are a blessing to have, set yours to have the actinics to come on an hour before the 10k come one, then have the 10k and actinics on for 8 hours, and finally, leave the actinics on for an hour after the 10k go off. This is a basic cycle that will help simulate sunrise and sunset. It doesn't really matter exactly what time of day/night you have the lights set for unless you have direct sunlight shining into the tank during the day. Otherwise, just choose a timeframe that is convenient for you to do maintenence, feed, and watch the tank. Hope this helps.

Thanks man. I think I may need another PH too. I have a koralia 750 but it seams kinda weak along with a cheapo 240gph that seams as powerful as the koralia. I also have my return pump that is splits in two in my tank. However whith the syphon break whole (and the fact that it is in my overflow area) I feel like I loose a lot of pressure.

Back
Top Bottom