help with new Rena tank please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

formyfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:blink:hi all im new to forum and need some help please , i have just acquired a 2nd hand large rena tank approx30/40 imperial gallons for my two goldies as an upgrade from smaller tank (20 gallon approx) i need to do measurements still

my problem is this ; the tank is the type that has a floating bottom ? i.e - is has a polysyterene disc /mat to support bottom of tank but i dont have the original cabinet for the tank .
having never owned a rena tank im unsure as how to set it up , i have a decent enough cabinet to sit it on but i dont know if the metal rim of tank should over-hang the cabinet thus putting all the weight on the polystyerene pad or should the metal fame of tank actually be sitting directly on top of the cabinet ?, i have looked at losta of pics and this is the closet picture i can find to my tank which is still in garden until i know how to set it up , hope someone can help as im really excited for my new fish to have a much bigger home but very important as i live on second floor and would be disaterous if there was an accident with tank , thank you for any help and much respect :fish1::fish1:
holy moley i just measured and used online calulator and new tank is 61.2395 uk gallons or 73.545 us gallons:blink: that gonna be very heavy so really important i set up correctly

Attachments

• 300701.jpg
    300701.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 91
I haven't used one of those tanks, but it would make more sense to spread the weight evenly and not have all the weight just on the disc.

Here's a thread where they briefly mention it http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6290

Congrats on the new tank, it's good to see goldfish going into an appropriately sized tank!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have never had one of those tanks.
I have built stands for many of my 1000g of tanks.
The frame should be on the stand.
All weight goes to corners so make sure they are supported.
The disc and ^^link are interesting.
Congrats o you and your goldies!!

I haven't used one of those tanks, but it would make more sense to spread the weight evenly and not have all the weight just on the disc.

Here's a thread where they briefly mention it The Tropical Tank • View topic - setting up my rena 450

Congrats on the new tank, it's good to see goldfish going into an appropriately sized tank!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
thankyou yes everything you say makes sense , i wish i had the cabinet

I have never had one of those tanks.
I have built stands for many of my 1000g of tanks.
The frame should be on the stand.
All weight goes to corners so make sure they are supported.
The disc and ^^link are interesting.
Congrats o you and your goldies!!
wow big tanks :) , thankyou , so your tanks are on metal frames so the glass isnt resting on anything ?

wow big tanks :) , thankyou , so your tanks are on metal frames so the glass isnt resting on anything ?
I use both wood and metal stands.
All tanks are on plastic frame that holds the glass off the stand.
The metal stands clearly show that all weight go to corners as you could fit a quarter($.25) easy in the middle of my 75 g.:eek:

thankyou although i.ve never see a quarter as im in london uk:ROFLMAO: sorry i havent done a profile or an intro yet , i shall have a browse soon would love to see pictures of your tanks and fish :)

thanks for the advice fish friends(y) , tank still in garden but at least i got the wooden unit im gonna sit it on in outta the rain , also i need to sort my floorboards out as there are a few nails sticking up ive worked out where the joists are as well so im feeling a lot more confident now , my new led bubble wall has been introduced to goldies in smaller tank and they love it , but i ve turned the bubbler part off and taken tubing out until i get my non- return valve- should arrive next few days , i think i will still want to keep the pump above the tank even with the valve on , yes i ve always been a worrier lol which is ironically why i have goldfish -to relax me :fish2:oh and the cats too especially my little Suzy q aka Little miss susiesunshine who has a rubber fetish and was very intrested in the air-line tube:( sooooooooooo............ new house rules..... no cats allowed in front room when im not home :huh:im sure that rule wont last long :ROFLMAO:

i got my new air pump off ebay auction for roughly £10 incl. postage , marina300, quiet and v powerful

Back
Top Bottom