Help with ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had my tank running for a few months and after loosing a lot of fish I discovered water testing, I understand the levels except for the ph.
In my tank I have 4 young guppies 2 adult guppies and 2 corys (peppered I think) any advice on what my ph should be would be great.
Also I just read elsewhere on here that I should have more than 2 corys. Is that so? And if it is can I mix types of corys as ive seen some really lovely ones recently or would I need to et more peppered ones?
Thanks in advance ?

Hi! What is your PH normally, do you know? Most PH's are fine and suitable for fish as long as its' stable. Fish can adapt to your PH; it's fluctuations they don't like. So if your PH is staying the same it's fine.

Corys do like groups. I'm not sure whether they will gruop with other types of Corys; I read that they generally like their own type but I'm not 100% sure on that. First thing is what is your tank size, just to see if you have the room to add more Corys. Is the tank fully cycled?

Hi thanks for the reply, my tank is 8.5 ph, and i have a 2foot tank at the moment but moving up to a larger one very soon, which would be when I'd introduce some friends for them I've read a few threads now where its said corys should be in groups of 6.

I'm not sure what you mean by fully cycled by all my nitrates and ammonia levels are all sorted now (plus the purchase of a better filter!), when i upgrade I'm going to put a couple of plants in too and maybe a small bit of bogwood for them to hang out in!

Back
Top Bottom