Help with Red Sea potassium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 110 mixed reef consistently tests low on potassium. Had a water test Svc check it at 236 mg/l. Would like it to stay bw 350 and 450. Ordered some Red Sea potassium and don't really understand the dosing chart on the back. Can anyone help or does anyone dose this product. Not looking at the bottle right now bc I am at work but have tried to figure it out bf. is it something I need to run in my auto doser or can I just add some weekly? Thanks for any input

I have results in mg/l. Water tested 236 mg/l. Bottle says 1 ml in 25 gall equal 1.75 ppm k. So if I have 100 gall water in tank 1 ml raises k 0.4 ppm. Is this correct? That meAns my tank needs over 200 ml of coral colors b by Red Sea if I want to go from 236 mg/l to a minimum of 350 mg/l. Any thoughts?

No they do not. It just always tests low in potassium. As hard as I try I hate to be short on anything! Red corals just slower growing than the rest.

If nothing is upset then I would let it be. Dosing could lead to other issues.

Well, it ain't really broke but it tests low and red corals extremely slow growing. Thought maybe since I knew it was low I should raise it.

Back
Top Bottom