Help with selection - don't know what to do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm just getting started and I'm already faced with a difficult decision... I hope somebody can help me out! I would be extremely grateful for any advice.

I bought a set-up from a coworker and have all the supplies I need, but I need to choose fish for the aquarium. I live near two local fish stores. One is on a main road, a larger store, and in appearance it seems to be well-established; this is the one my coworker shops at. However, I have found a second store approximately the same distance away. This second store is much smaller, in a not-too-appealing strip mall, but there's this like totally hot chick who works there. She might even own the place, she drives a Crossfire which seems a bit much for a standard behind-the-counter worker.

Where should I shop?? Normally I'd like to shop at the place that's well-established, but this chick is smokin' hot! :D

(editted)

I am by no means a religious person but please refrain from future explatives of that type!

As far as the store is concerned, never judge a book by it's cover. As the saying goes, great things come in small packages :wink:

Judge each on it's merits, not square footage.

Cheers
Steve

Sorry, didn't realize those words in that usage weren't allowed. Figured I'd make my first post a joke one (although the situation is true :) ). Cheers!

You really need to observe the selection, and ask them if they quarantine before selling. Steve is right. I have seen some really undesireable lfs that had awesome fish, and they really know how to take care of them.
As far as the "chick" goes, I would hope you wouldn't base your decision on where to shop because of this. Everyone here takes this hobby serious as you will find.

Mike

Absolutely not. :) Obviously I'm new, but I certainly realize this isn't a hobby you can approach without taking it seriously. There's a lot of effort involved, and these are of course living creatures. Very beautiful living creatures, I might add! I'll be doing my due dilligence and research long before I make my first fish purchase.

Although, I do take any potential dates seriously as well. Too bad I'm not more successful at it. :p

Back
Top Bottom