Help with stocking list.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh_Fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Howdy, Newb here still learning the ropes I currently have a 20g tank with some Mollys, Corys. I picked up a 55g tank at petco and am building a stand for it.
Once that is done I plan on starting the cycling prosses, I just am not sure if this stocking list will work.
Here's what i would like please feel free to give an honest opinion and if it won't work please explain why and whay might.

2-3 Firemouths
9-11 Tiger Barbs
1 Smaller size Pleco
and Maybe a Blue Acara.

Thanks in advanced.

I personally wouldn't do the tiger barbs. I prefer tetras like bleeding heart or lemon, as they tend to be much less nippy and boisterous than the tiger barbs :)

The 2 Firemouths and some Barbs sound good, Not a huge fan of any tetras I have seen so far.
I have a few question about snails I have read that they can take over the tank with breading fast so a bit worried about that also what kind of snails would be best, and will the fish eat them or leave them alone?

Thanks for the replys.

The 2 Firemouths and some Barbs sound good, Not a huge fan of any tetras I have seen so far.
I have a few question about snails I have read that they can take over the tank with breading fast so a bit worried about that also what kind of snails would be best, and will the fish eat them or leave them alone?

Thanks for the replys.

nerite snails great algae eaters and cant reproduce in fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom