Help with the glass of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mouse600

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there was just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on the best way to clean the inside of the fish tank glass I have tried a few ways and don't want to scratch the glass but can never get it 100% clean can people tell me how they clean there
how to get all the Algee off the inside of the glass
as there's always a little bit left on or how they do a clean and water change on their tank and gravel clean
Thank you this is a picture of my tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431902908.482367.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh it's a 500 litre tank
132 gallons

Scraper. I use one of those magnet cleaners for casual cleaning, but if there's real build up, break out the scraper

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Will that not scratch the glass do you have a picture of the one you use x

I use a magnet cleaner. There are several products out there. With the scratching of glass you just have to make sure there's no debris on the outside cleaner pad. Works like a charm. Wouldn't hesitate to use it :)

Yep, the green spot algae is the type that has to be scraped off. I use my fingernails or a credit card. Such tiny spots that you really have to look closely to see it, and/or feel the glass with your fingers, and you can usually feel it here and there.

Yes that's the stuff I am on about so the thing is it use the one in the link as I need step ladders to even start to reach inside my tank and I would never have reached the bottom if I just used a credit card or razorblades

Back
Top Bottom