HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coleallensmom

Planted Tank Enthusiast
I just took half of my pea gravel substrate yesterday to add Flourite and then completely planted my tank. We've been watching the tank close today to make sure everyone is doing well and my son spotted an itty bitty baby fish. While we watched, it swam over to the side of the tank and attached itself to the side. How this fish survived the mess I made in the tank I'll never know, but he's there...Three months of owning the tank and I've never once seen a baby. I really have no clue by looking at him what he is, he is that small. Any chance of keeping him alive? Advice needed ASAP!

That really depends on what else is in your tank. As a general rule of thumb, if it fits in the fishes mouth they will eat it, so if there are fish that are larger than it, it will be eaten.

I was thinking the same thing, but the only thing it could have "hitchhiked" on would be the java moss ball. It was the only thing that was wet. The place where I bought it has a plant room and I didn't notice any fish in the tanks, but who knows. If it was from one of my fish, I'd say it's probably a danio. In anycase, it disappeared before I could decide to do anything about it. Hopefully s/he finds somewhere good to hide!

That really depends on what else is in your tank. As a general rule of thumb, if it fits in the fishes mouth they will eat it, so if there are fish that are larger than it, it will be eaten.

Yep, which made the discovery totally unexpected! With as many fish as I have in the tank, I don't assume to ever see any babies.

Back
Top Bottom