Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liljosh609

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I found this nice stick I would like to place in my aquarium, but what should I do to cure it? I have scrubbed it and it is soaking in 120 degrees water. (not that temp anymore) so what else can I do to ensure it is safe for the tank?

Attachments

• image-2740654694.jpg
    image-2740654694.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image-852281779.jpg
    image-852281779.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 124
I want to do the same in my tank! I would rinse it over night and then scrub it with a tooth brush gently to get all the loose bits of off it! Then rinse again then I guess add it! Some people hate the fact people put branches in a tank but ad long as it don't hurt the fish you should be fine

It will be fine if u run it in the dishwasher there isn't a parasite alive that can live at that temp promise

I just wouldn't take the chance unless it was really something special. Fish are the pickiest and most vulnerable pets I know of. Too much effort put into establishing them, only to have something overlooked and ruin everything.
I have a garage full of exotic shells from all over that have been dry for years, and I still wouldn't put them in the trigger tank I have planned.

2 out of 3 of my dw came from my creek I would never put fish in harm or have u do something I haven't tried and know works

It came from a wood pile Thad has been there for about a year. It was previosly on a tree I think. After a big storm came.

Was it around any chemical plants or gas stations etc. As long as there are no signs of chemicals around that would leach into the wood I'd say it's a go. I fix water mains for a living and when we dig I find all kinds if dw. I have used several pieces so far all with no problems but it may just be luck. Good luck to you.

Ok thanks. Um how long will it take and how bad will it look after it rots?

liljosh609 said:
Ok thanks. Um how long will it take and how bad will it look after it rots?

Depends on what type of tree it's from. I don't know how it'll look, but it'll foul up your water when it does. So watch for an ammonia spike.

Back
Top Bottom