HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ys and test kit iz api with 5 bottlz 4 test tubz cost me around $30

original ?

I had my charcole filter on a plate az I was workin on my tank. After putting filter in there was living worm things moving around on the plate

Did a fishless cycle first 3 weaks 5 weaks with fish

Just to be clear since we're having communication problems...don't follow the fishless cycling guides if you currently have fish in the tank. How big is the tank and what do you have in there? You're first steps should be trying to get some good knowledge on the nitrogen cycle and how filtration works (good links from Roy), and try to stay on top of your testing and maintenance routine. The no3 levels you have after this short time would seem to show the water is not changed frequently enough, or the tank is highly overstocked.

Last edited:
75 gal

2 Green Corries
2 Albino Corries
2 Pepper Corries
6 Zebra Danios
6 Neon Tetras
3 Swordtails
4 Platties
4 Rasboras
3 Guppies
1 Silver Mollie
2 Black Mollies​

I'm not sure I've got anything to add here other than to read up on the articles RoyDooms has linked and try and gain as much knowledge as possible.

I have no idea about the worms unless as Roy said, it's planaria. Have you been feeding live foods like brine shrimp? Have your Guppys bred and possibly you are seeing fry that has been sucked into the filter?

they look like a bacteria you would see under microscop except thet are about 1/16" guppyz all male
definatly not fry

didnt mean to sound ebonik
I have other reason for language and it aint an iq prob
I DJ Dance ,Trance,Hardstyle Dance
Figure the avitar makes me look yo yo yo
ordered new filter awaiting arivle and good puramiters

Is the new filter that you are talking about an additional filter or are you replacing the filter media in the filter?

Last edited:
replacing
been 2 months
I have cascade 300 the filter and charcole cannot be seperated

What do you need the charcoal for? They stop absorbing in around a month. You don't really need the charcoal. You usually use charcoal to absorb excess medication and to absorb tannins. Most of the beneficial bacterias are n the filter. Just rinse the filter media with old tank water when you do a PWC. You only replace it when it's falling apart. If you replace the filter, you might and most likely will experience a mini-cycle.

Back
Top Bottom