Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettWalker

Aquarium Advice Activist
Aaron, I think I remember that you have an Eheim Canister Filter. Well...here is what I've done. :( I somehow managed to get the pump head off the filter while one of the safety clutches on the multi-function handle was not in open position. Now I don't know how to get it to lock into place and thereby release the insertion opening. In other words, I can't get the darn pump head back into positiion. Am I making any sense?
I absolutely hate telling my husband what I have done. He can't understand why I have no sense in this area. He's out playing golf and I would love to have fixed before he returns. :wink:

what model do you have?

Mine might be the same or might be different.

If your refering to the model where you have a pull leaver that you pull toward you to close the flow and then finally release the two supply and return hosts?

Look on the top right beside the leaver for a little red button. Press it in and this should release the lock.

sorry thats about as much help as I can give with out a model or photo.

Thanks Guys, I got out the manual (which doesn't always make a lot of sense to me :? ) and read and reread and read again. Finally got it to work. :lol: I just might learn how to be a mechanic of sorts after all with this hobby.

BTW, Aaron, no little red button on this one.

BettWalker said:
:lol: Hey that's great! My dumb questions add up. Maybe one day I'll be offering advice. :wink:

One day I am sure you will be.

We all are newbies at one point. As we learn we often feel compled to "give back" by helping other newbies.

It will be a SAD day :( in this hobby when there are no more newbies.

Back
Top Bottom