help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishmania

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My nitrites are off the chart but everything else is normal what should i do to make the nitrites level come down

Is your tank cycling? If not make sure it's not your test kit by testing some clean water that should come up 0 nitrites.

Im having the exact same problem in my 29g and will be doing a 75 % water. Change tomorrow and adding another filter so my tank will be at 300gph hopefully that will solve my problem

May I ask what test kit your using. I had this problem with strips I went to my lfs and got a master test kit and readings were fine even tho the strips said nitrites were off the charts

Strips but in my tank it was almost at 3.0 and i tested some regular water it came back 0
But i have heard alot about how strips arnt 100% accurate so ill get a liquid test kit

It saves u a lot of money when u think about it 5$ for 3 strips vs over 100 tests for 30$ cheaper on Amazon people have said as well. 100 times more accurate, I tested with strips nitrites were sky high went to the store bought the masters and tested no more then 15 minutes after the strip test and it was really at 0.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom