help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm saving up to start a marine nano reef 30 liters. Other than the tank how much do you think I will need to spend to get power head water etc and some tips on getting started thanks :-D

If you're brand new to saltwater i would rethink the size of your tank. 30 litres will be very very hard to keep stable. It is doable but only with the most experience.

What are you hoping to keep in it?

I know but I want to start small! I just want live rock and one fish I spose can you keep a clown fish?

I believe Clown fish are more suited to an aged, stable, more mature tank. I have been considering SW but atm I am holding off, so much to learn! Anemone in very established mature tank if you were wanting one with your Clown although I understand they don't have to have one.

Starting small may not be best. Starting with easy to keep creatures would be better. The larger volume of water means little problems aren't as drastic or as big of crisis and you have more time to catch a problem before it will wipe out your tank.

Happy fish keeping. Please do tons of research, and asking here is perfect, there are many really great people to help along the way. (reason why I am not doing mine right now, lol)

Thanks! I'm doing loads of research ha! So much to learn!

You said you were going to start a tank, so if it has not even started yet, it's gonna be unestablished for the first several months.

Back
Top Bottom