Help ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neale

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fish breath heavy and not moving much. I tested the ammonia level, nitrate, nitrite ...all test fine. Done 50% water change. Still no much improvement. I lowered the temp and someone said to put airstone in that it may help with oxygenation. Any other advice ????

Tank about 1 year old

Fish breath heavy and not moving much. I tested the ammonia level, nitrate, nitrite ...all test fine. Done 50% water change. Still no much improvement. I lowered the temp and someone said to put airstone in that it may help with oxygenation. Any other advice ????

How's the body looking any signs of ich ? Did you check you salinity ?

Neale said:

If they are breathing heavy that is usually a sign of low oxygen in your tank. Do you have powerheads and a filter?? If so, make sure they are on and working properly because they introduce oxygen into the water. If you dont have powerheads then i highly suggest you get some. As a temporary solution to the problem i think you should add the airstone and see if there is any improvement

How long has your tank been running and have you cycled it?

And welcome to AA glad you found us here :)

If they are breathing heavy that is usually a sign of low oxygen in your tank. Do you have powerheads and a filter?? If so, make sure they are on and working properly because they introduce oxygen into the water. If you dont have powerheads then i highly suggest you get some. As a temporary solution to the problem i think you should add the airstone and see if there is any improvement

Got power head - cleaned it and the filter. Installed the airstone so hope that will help as well.

All back to normal today, fish all fine.Thanks for all the advice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom