Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LOD

Aquarium Advice Regular
10 gallon tank I think I'm ready to try a planted tank ..... That is lush and green can somebody help and guide me ?!?!? I have some guppies in my pond that will Occupy it in the fall.. So I guessed now would be a good time to set it up and let it Settle.... Do I need a heater ? Led light or Fluorescent? What kind of sand / gravel do I use ? And just a cheap filter would work ?

10 gallon tank I think I'm ready to try a planted tank ..... That is lush and green can somebody help and guide me ?!?!? I have some guppies in my pond that will Occupy it in the fall.. So I guessed now would be a good time to set it up and let it Settle.... Do I need a heater ? Led light or Fluorescent? What kind of sand / gravel do I use ? And just a cheap filter would work ?

Heater would depend on the temps in your house. Lighting wise I would at least look into LED. Current USA makes a great led light as far as I have seen and read. It is a bit pricey compared to flourescent though.
Substrate depends on alot. Type of plants/amount of work you are planning on doing. With sand you need to either pick plants that get nutrients from the water column, tie the plants to a rock or branch, or use root tabs.
Filters are very over rated. Buy a cheap filter stuff a aquaclear sponge in it and soms ceramic rings and your good to go. Your plants should be your main filtration anyway.
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom