Help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sacredfeesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi people,

My friend just gave me a fish tank that's been lying in his cellar for a while, its in quite rough shape its water tight and all but it very dirty what the safest way to clean this ? Also it has no lid so was thinking of just making it a rimless as I'm quite getting into aquascapeing is there any clip on light I could get ? Any help would be appreciated

:D

Sent from my B1-710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi people, My friend just gave me a fish tank that's been lying in his cellar for a while, its in quite rough shape its water tight and all but it very dirty what the safest way to clean this ? Also it has no lid so was thinking of just making it a rimless as I'm quite getting into aquascapeing is there any clip on light I could get ? Any help would be appreciated :D Sent from my B1-710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
you can clean it with vinegar, measure the top and you probably buy lid/light combo or glass too and nice plant light.

Thanks brookster, I seen on you tube the rimless with a clip on light going over it but suppose a lid would do as well :)

Yeah

Ok so that's there as a reinforcement for the glass and should not be removed, it also has a lip that a lid will sit nicely in.

Think I'll go for the lid then, this may be a noon question but in the tank across the top there pieces of glass going along is that for condensation ?

Look at fluval plant lights they make awesome over hang light for plant tanks that don't have lids. Some clip on and some hand from chains. Good idea with the aquascaping.

135 litre 35.1 us gal

Thanks bates will check them out I have 64 litre just aquascaped it last week but wanted a bigger one for a new project lol wife's not to happy now haha

Also some other good brands are GLO, coralife, solarmax, and get a T5 HO better for plants. And if you would like the midnight blue at night time then you should get one with the blue LED strip on it.

How dear are they ? And fish r friends I will leave tank as is but really interested in their hang over clip on lights my idea is for the tank to look open with a wave maker rippling over the top don't think it would be a good effect with a lid if u no what I mean :\

Sorry bates can u explain what a T5HO is sorry just new to aqua scapeing

Back
Top Bottom