Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex93

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just looking at my fish and my orange molly is coverd in white tiny dots what is it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ich, a common disease especially in mollies. It will kill them if you give it the chance. My recommendation is to go to your local fish store and get medication for ich, and come in like a brick wall on it. Don't give it a chance, it's taken many of my fish and it's awful.

Iv brought some medison but I carnt work out the dosage argh

Just crank your heat up to 86 and do bi-daily wc with gravel vac, if it's just mollies add recommended dosage of aquarium salt as well. No meds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey iv got mollies rams neon tetra one plec and one betta on there but only the mollies have the spots I don't have any salt but put the mess and a 5 ml of stress coat in

Crank up the heat, I find it's the only thing that actually works without upsetting anyone, and my plants are ok with the higher temp too..

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I diatom or micro filter helps also it sucks the baby ick out of the tank before they attach to the fish again and the more water movement the better makes it harder for them to find a host
most of the good ick meds are hard on your plants and bio filter
putting all your fish in a small bare ( no plants ,gravel, just a sponge filter ) and treating with meds for 2 weeks or more works and all the ick in the main tank will die without a host in 2 weeks and you can raise the temps i the main tank without fish to around 90f and not hurt the plants

I don't have a spear tank to put then in I have another tank full of fish but if I put them in that one won't it pass it on? I'm pritty shaw iv put way to much of the meds in will putting to much in kill them?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408127209.407988.jpgthis is the meds iv got can someone please help me figure the dosage out ? :( don't won't my fish to die

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408127284.975896.jpgand this is what I got when I did the length x width x hight but have no idea what it means

How big is your tank? With the Pleco you should be doing the half dose. You can also get a cheap 5-10 gallon tank from your lfs or a Walmart type store for $10-15 and a cheap filter, probably wouldn't be more than $50 total and it's always good to have a spare hospital/qt tank around. Throw some established media in the filter if you go that route.

If you give us the dimensions we can tell you how many gallons.

thats 84 liter or around 20 gal tank you should use around 8 ml of that med
does it say what is in it
methyl blue, or malicite green are the most common ones used

Hey the length is 80cm width 30cm and hight 40cm

Omg I used 2ml :0

23ml not 2ml

Right borrow a really small rank of my nabour gunna put my fish in there for two weeks it 40cm x 30cm x20cm how much of the med should I put in that ? Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom