HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmidt1216

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my red tailed black shark is losing all is colour in his tail he had the brightest tail at the pet shop but now its gone dull had for two days any one know why also he won't eat any thing for when I've had him he just hovers over the food

130l well planted 10 neons red tailed black shark

than you in advance:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Red tailed black sharks losing tail color is supposedly a bellwether for poor water quality. Based on your other posts, it sounds like your tank is still cycling, which would qualify as poor water quality.

thanks

ok but will his colour better I'm currently using stability just saying:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Red tailed black sharks losing tail color is supposedly a bellwether for poor water quality. Based on your other posts, it sounds like your tank is still cycling, which would qualify as poor water quality.
ok but will his colour better I'm currently using stability just saying:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks

Not sure if a red tailed shark is hardy enough for a fish-in cycle - I tend to do fishless cycles. And I know neons can be rather delicate. That's also a lot of fish to add to an uncycled tank, although neons do have a relatively low bioload.

If I were you, I would return the fish and do a fishless cycle OR pick a hardier fish for a fish-in cycle. If you insist on keeping them, I think daily water changes until the cycle completes is probably your best bet for fish survival, but it will slow the cycle.

Also, the shark will outgrow your tank...

^+1 these sharks are semi aggressive and will bully your other fish.

Likely a case of an uncycled tank.

Feeding new foods to a fish can be like feeding a child his vegetables. Call the store and ask what they fed him. If he continues to not eat what the store have him it could be a parasite and would explain his lack of appetite.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom