Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylvr11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a guppy who I think is bullying two of my other guppies and my tetra. He is chasing them around the tank and they try to get away from him. He is fine with one of my other guppies. What do I do???

Male or female? If it is a male bullying a female, you made need to up your female to male ratio.

Bullying the tetra is another story.

How is your water?

I have all males 4 male guppies and 1 male tetra. My water parameters are all normal

I have a male Guppy that has never once tried to mate a female. He just chases the other male all over the tank. Very odd behavior for a Guppy.

I only have 2 plants and gravel in right now. I have 2 males and 4 females. He swims fine, eats fine just chases the other male. He will even chase any female near the other male. He's just a strange Guppy.

Chasing to attack, or chasing to mate? I've had males that tried to mate with anything, including my keyhole cichlid lol

What size tank do you have?

He only wants to mate, he does the same thing to the glass.I have a background on. I raised the water level he seemed to calm down some.
The tank is 29 gallons. Water temp is a constant 70 degrees I have the thermometer on the side closest to the a/c vent. Our a/c runs 24/7 300 days of the year.
He's just an odd Guppy.

The water temp should be warmer than 70 guppies like water 75-80 they are not cold water fish

Don't tell me fish that they seem very happy in it.The store doesn't have heaters on their tanks. But I'm going to get another thermometer just to make sure this one is accurate.
I'm going to get a heater It will give me a wider choice of fish & plants.
Petco said a fixed heater what do you think?

Don't get a fixed heater, get one you can set. I've kept my guppies at 70 degrees, they can handle lower temps (but not cold) and they were fine, however, you state you have other fish in there and they most likely should be at at least 72 and up.

Api master liquid test kit, an adjustable heater for a 30 gallon Seachem Prime water conditioner and you're good to go.

Back
Top Bottom