Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenpc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recenlty found that my button coral is thinning out a lot. I noticed my large emerald crab getting underneath it and moving it , so I moved the coral up in the tank. In doing this, I have come across a couple hitch hikers. Any ideas? Could they be the problem? My water levels haven't changed...everything else is the same. Any idea what these critters are? [/img]

Attachments

• creatures2.jpg
    creatures2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 206
Those snails in the middle are a zoo eating snail( Heliacus sp.). I'd get them off there. I recently bought some pink zoos that had one of those snails as well as two sea spiders. Nasty critters.

so remove them from the tank completely?
They are probably what has been doing the damage.

Fluff...I wantta be on the A Team too I pitty the fool...
Or you can join the official steve-s fan club. Send all dues and donations to me, the self appointed treasurer. 8)
Or maybe give the snails to someone who doesn't have a reef. I have a few of them in my system and they seem to bother nothing.

I dont have anyone to give them to. I do however have a little tank that I can put them in for now. My button coral has been thinned out considerably, and I was blaming the wrong guy! ha

Thanks for the help! I will try to get the buggers out of there tonight.

I can't believe how many people tell me its a button coral or button polyp...everyone must think I am a newbie for sure!! ha ha

Or you can join the official steve-s fan club. Send all dues and donations to me, the self appointed treasurer
I am already a "closet" member of Steve's fan club. (I'm not worthy...) And QuarryShark...the check is in the mail. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom