Helpp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

charliemarfe89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK. I am a somewhat new aquarium owner had my fishtank up and established for around 4 or 5 months now.

I got 6 red fin tetras
2 dwarf gourami's
and 3 fancy guppy's all female

I got the guppies a month or so ago and realized she could be pregnant couple days later I see a baby guppy on top of the water swimming. just one so I figured the rest became breakfast. so it been a weak now and I look at the little guy all time n now I see 3 more littler fish since hes growing at a good rate.

questions really is. is there another fish pregnant or can my gup give birth a weak after her first guy?? I bought all females so this wouldn't happen lol

ANY help, experience, or recommendations are greatly appreciated

What might of happened, is the tank planted, lots of decorations etc? If so its highly likely that the 3 other fry you have found have been hiding until they grow confident and strong enough to leave the hiding spots, most likely for scarps of food.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Theres plenty of room for them to hid, id say there guppy fry. Try and raise then see.
But it wont be the gourami as they need a bubble nest that they create on the surface of the water. Im to to sure on the tetra, but im pretty sure theyll need certain requirements were as guppys will breed anywhere, plus i dont think there small enough for tetra fry.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Most livebearers can hold sperm for up to 6 months and impregnate themselves
at will . Seems to be what happened to you...lol

My Platys and Cory cats do that a lot . The fry just find a safe place to hide till they get big enough to not get eaten .

Back
Top Bottom