Here come the diatoms! Hurray!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serpentman

Aquarium Advice Activist
You may think I am crazy for saying this but my diatom bloom is finally here! Although I am really not happy to be in the beginning stages of a bloom, everything I can remember from my previous experience as well as all I have read, tells me that it is inevitable. Therefore, rather than moan and groan, I will embrace it and take a "better now than later" attitude.

I just upgraded the pumps (Sen 700 return pump) and Mag7 with SCWD (in tank) which, I suspect is part of the cause as the dramatically increased flow has stirred everything up.

Also, things are progressing as well:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 1
Nitrate: 15
pH: 8.2
Temp: 79.7
Calcium: 380
Salinity: 1.024

Sick, Sick, man :lol:
Usually it also comes towards the end of the cycle so hopefully yours is almost finished and that is something to celebrate
banana.gif

Hey, tec, the bananna does not take me to my profile! LOL!!!
Congrats serpentman!

Thanks guys! It feels sick to be happy about a diatom bloom. However, my hope is, like you said tec, this is an indicator that the cycle is drawing to an end.

Also, just stocked my refugium with chaeto today. Gotta lotta pods crawling over it. Hope they make it through the rest of the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom