Here's a good question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedDevil83

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How can you tell if your green terror is bloated or pregnant?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, green terrors are egg layers, so females don't get pregnant, but they do get gravid - the term used for females full of eggs :)

Generally, gravid females are just plump,thick in the body. They will generally get a more colorful and if a male is present, you will see definite pre-spawning behaviors. Eventually you will see a small ovipositor - its small and triangular on a female green terror.

But what if they have an infection? How do you distinguish the difference.

Usually bloated cichlids will start to lose color and their behavior changes quite a bit.

You also might start to notice unnatural looking fraying on the fins. They may or may not lose appetite.

They are in a holding tank 10 gallon just 2 and I can't put them in my 60 gallon because of the frontosa but I already put money down on a 30 gal which is going to be here in a week.

So it'll just be two green terror in the 30, which I know is still kind of small, I already had this happen with a 7 inch jag and 4 inch female jag gravo lol

Back
Top Bottom