Hermit Crab Situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I recently bought 4 hermit crabs. When I put them in my tank, after about 30 minutes I noticed one of them was trying climb up the corner of my tank. It was already half way up. My tank isn't completely sealed (I have hang on the back filters so I can't seal it). Is their any possibility they will crawl out of my tank? And can they survive out of water, and if so how long?

Thanks,

$imple

It's perfectly normal behaviour don't worry about it.

Mine climb to get algea on my overflows. No worries, they like to explore. :)

ok cool. i must admit they are pretty curious critters. cool to watch though....

mine trying to tear the feather duster so i keep it in the sump. there's once it climbed from the sump back to the main tank :mrgreen:

my sump built-in type, separate from the tank by a piece of glass. see my gallery tank pic

:D I just bought 2 tiny hermits they are cool to watch so far they searched my whole tank and ate all the build up and extra food which i was about to clean my self but than i jsut got 2 hermits my small one climbed all the way up to the water line and fell down on his back i had to get a net and flip him over

ok peace

lol...i went with him and was going to buy 2 but felt a rush and got 4. i'm such a rebel....LOL....

Back
Top Bottom