Hermit crabs & cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, what I figured. How do I know that's what has happened as opposed to something bad? how often do they shed typically? This crab is new to my tank so could it be stress?

Thanks

It's hard to say. abnormally high iodine levels make them molt. try not to add any iodine to the tank, because there is enough in your salt mix.

WesHeimke said:
Okay, what I figured. How do I know that's what has happened as opposed to something bad? how often do they shed typically? This crab is new to my tank so could it be stress?

Thanks

My hermits, coral banded, cleaner shrimp, and Michael's pistol shrimp all molt about once every 4-5 weeks. The first time it scared me because I thought they all died. Just make sure to find them after you find a molt. Just to make sure I record everything in my tank log so I have a heads up as to when its about to happen. And so if something goes wrong I can go back and have some clue as to what I did to maybe cause it to happen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom