Hey everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Please don't delete this thread. I have to say I'm shocked and taken back by soooo many members here that have reached out to me via emails, cell phone, PM etc... It's been rough and its not over yet. We're being deployed all over the state/county starting Saturday. We've been hit bad. 17 structure fires, we lost 2 houses because we were unable to get to the homes due to down power lines, downed telephone poles, trees down etc. I've seen it so bad. Phone service has been hit or miss. I lost all fish in the saltwater tank sadly. My generator failed and my battery back ups only worked for so long. The African tank seems ok, I had a friend come here everyday while I was stationed to do water changes. This has been a rough time and I'm sure for many not just myself.

I just want to say thank you for being so concerned and it makes me feel good to know people care, we've never met, we talk about fish and maybe a few other things. I've come to know some of you and became close to many. I can't say enough about how I feel right now. This is truly a GREAT place to be a part of and I will make sure everyone knows how AA is much much more then a average fish forum it's a FAMILY!!

So, I must get some sleep and return to the station at 19:00hrs for duty once again. We've done over 300 calls so far.

Everyone is safe, family has been moved to the in laws for now. Red Cross is here as well as the national guard.

Thank you all again so much. My apologies if I have not returned emails or PM's. I've spoke to Andy once to give him an update and let him know how I was doing an tried to return Jess's text messages but phone service is bad. Country.... What can I say, thank you also for the email and the prayers and kind words. Crawdaddy and rotor thank you both as well. I'm truly truly taken back by all this!! It actually brought a tear to my to see members reaching out to me. Some guy on some forum talking fish lol. I'm glad to be part of the forum.

I wish all those who were effect the best of luck and your all in my prayers. I'll be deployed to L.I., Jersey and then Queens with the special ops team. We're actually gonna fly in via chopper.

Also going to SeaSide heights to help out as well.

I have a very busy schedule ahead of me and I'll be back to see how others are making out.

Again thanks to all!!!

Last edited:
GREAT to see that you are safe and well Dino!! I know a lot of members here have been hoping you were alright! Awesome to hear the whole family is safe. Thanks for everything youre doing man.

Oh, and tough luck about the sw tank bro. If theres anything any of us could do to help, dont hesitate.

Glad your ok bro oh wait I already knew that. Good luck and stay safe helping others. I seen north jersey aquarium society posted some lost fish on Facebook for someone to claim. Kinda funny lol never would have thought about that hope my basement never floods. ;)

I've been praying for everyone effected by the storm and all the firemen and rescue workers. Stay safe out there!!

Happy to hear from you! Been thinking about you out there! Sorry about the SW tank. Stay safe while you're helping everyone! Don't forget to take care of yourself too!!

Hey!

I wanna thank everyone for well wishes and for those that have texted me. It's been CRAZY to say the least. I'm now deployed to West End Long Beach and its just horrible. I'll be hoke this weekend and hopefully be able to relax before another deployment.

Thanks again,

Dino

image-633039049.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom