Hey saltwater ppl!:) Im new in the hobby and i set up a 10g Aquael Nano Reef tank 2 d

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saltwater, sand and LR is from the LFS. I like my aquascaping think it went okey:). Startet on the tank yesterday so ita all new, same as for me wen it comes to saltwater! I have allsowseen sign of life in the tank! 2 mini snails and 1 mini chrimp in the LR. And one corol looking thing in the middel of the big LR at the bottom. Is that a coral? The temp is now on 75F. And do i need to change the water more then 1 time per week? And how many % of the tank in the water:)? Thx ppl, hope you like the pictures. Love from Norway / Oslo

Welcome Reefey. Once a week is fine for water changes. 20% is a good amount. You know this tank has to cycle before you add any livestock, correct?
I don't think there is any coral on that rock.

The for the feedback! Ye i know:) 3-4 weekend befor adding clean up crew right?. The mini snails and chrimp i have in there now was in the LR from the LFS:)

Just make sure you see an ammonia spike. If there's not enough die off on that rock you won't cycle the tank. You might want to add an ammonia source, like a piece of fish or shrimp to be sure.

But ammonia is bad for the tank right? And it needs to be on 0?. But do i need to do a water chang when the tank is cycling? Sry for all the questions:p

No. Initially, you want to see an ammonia spike- this starts the growth of your bacteria colony, and that's what will keep the fish from dying when it's time to put them in.
And no, you do not want to do water changes when the tank is cycling. I don't suggest you run the light for very long during the cycle either.

Oki:)! Thx for the answers! Hope this tank will run well!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom