Hi all...new and questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all..first im new..just joined...looking for ADVICE :lol: anyways...I just set up my first saltwater aquarium and loving it so far...(Im only 14 so it took me a little while to get it started..but...the live rock was my christmas presant LOL) anyways..its been set up for about a week... oh I forgot its a 29gall FOWLER...I have 40 pounds of agralive and 22 pounds of live rock (two BIG pieces I got from drs.fosterandsmith..) although im gona get more...I have the worst lighting (just 20 watts)but hope to upgrade that to like...65 watts or so (not to much but enough to to actually see my fish LOL) and my SG is 1.021 (I think thats right) and so im getting ready to get my first fish..... this is a list of what me and my family WANT...not nessesarily what were gona get!

2 clowns (that is a must...end of discussion LOL)
1 yellow tailed damsel
1. purple gramma (cant remember the reall name..its purple pseudo or somthing)
a few gobies...I want clown but may get a watchman to....(If I can find pistol shrimp)
cardinal fish...
oh and I would LOVE a flame angel (or any dward angel for that matter)

and for clean-up crew I want..

hermits, snails, and a few shrimp... but again this is just the list of wants..not what we HAVE to have.... so ya...im just looking for advice on everything cause I am REALLY new to all this! :wink: :D

ok cool..I knew about the cycling thing...and I knew I couldnt have all the fish I wanted...but I still like to ask! thanks for the article...its a little diff. from fresh..I have been doing fresh for about...3 years! I have two planted fresh water!

oh opps..I hope I diddnt come off as a "know it all" :oops:

Welcome to AA. You didnt come off as a know it all, dont worry. You might wish to stay away from the damsel, they tend to get aggressive as they get older. If you get 2 clowns, make sure you get a mated pair, or make sure they are very young when you get them. Dont know much about the others, but I am sure others shall pop in with their advice. Good luck.

tbanks! I plan on getting a YOUNG pair! and I know that damsels can be aggressive but I really want one... (and I hate to say it but..) I want to get one first cause they are cheap and I dont want to spend $20+ on a fish and have it die...so I wanted it to you know...kinda "break it in" I guess..I mean I feel bad about saying it but....

If the damsel is in there first, he may establish himself as the king of the tank. My damsels killed my royal gramma.

roka64 said:
If the damsel is in there first, he may establish himself as the king of the tank. My damsels killed my royal gramma.

what if I re-aranged the decor right before I added new fish? that way they would be busey picking new territory's and not fight? just a thought..but if its REALLY not a good Idea I guess I could find something else....

blazeyreef said:
what if I re-aranged the decor right before I added new fish? that way they would be busey picking new territory's and not fight? just a thought..but if its REALLY not a good Idea I guess I could find something else....
I like that line of thinking, but I tried it and feeding before I put my RG in, no luck...sigh...I do have to admit, I didn't ask for advice here first....
Try a goby/pistol shrim combo. Check on liveaquaria.com for the shrimp gobys, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom