Hi from SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jthixen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I've had an aquarium off and on over 20 yrs. I've learned the hard way, before the Internet. However, I'm nowhere near being an expert. I'm currently having issues with a second water pump and needed a place where people knew more than me. I have a 10 gallon...it was an aqua tech system and the pump worked for years. It broke a few months ago and the new one, from the same co., same style NEVER cleared up the aquarium except the first day. I took it back and got another....same problem. I have 2 albino frogs and 3 flame something fish. They're blue and red. The cloudy water doesn't seem to bother them but it's driving me crazy. I've never had it do that before. So I'm here for advice whenever I need it. Thanks for the chance.

butterfly_koi said:
Welcome to AA!
When you got the new pump did you transfer any media from the old into the new?

Thanks! No, the old needed replacing. The 2 new filters I've gone through seemed to work slower after a day or so. Kept the old media from the second one. Either way, the pump's not working and I don't have the money for another. Just trying to figure out how to make this one work.

Its possible that since the media inside the filter wasn't transferred you threw the tank into a cycle. Do you know what your water levels are at? (ammonia, Ph, nitrite, nitrate)

Back
Top Bottom