Hi from U.S.A!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyyy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone!

Im Alexia and I own a betta fish name Valentino!

I pretty much joined to learn more on fishkeeping in general and maybe help others with their problems whenever I can.

My betta is in a 3.5 gallon tank at the moment but 5 months ago I bought a 20 gallon long tank for him!!:brows: Im having difficulty with cycling the tank and I can't put him in there until I know it's safe. I just bought some API Quick Start to maybe help the process.

There's this white fluffy stuff on the driftwood I got from petsmart. But the thing is I dont think its driftwood, it's just painted to look like it. I think its white fungus.

But anyway thats what Im busy with at the moment :ermm:

Hello everyone!

Im Alexia and I own a betta fish name Valentino!

I pretty much joined to learn more on fishkeeping in general and maybe help others with their problems whenever I can.

My betta is in a 3.5 gallon tank at the moment but 5 months ago I bought a 20 gallon long tank for him!!:brows: Im having difficulty with cycling the tank and I can't put him in there until I know it's safe. I just bought some API Quick Start to maybe help the process.

There's this white fluffy stuff on the driftwood I got from petsmart. But the thing is I dont think its driftwood, it's just painted to look like it. I think its white fungus.

But anyway thats what Im busy with at the moment :ermm:

I'm also new to aquariums, but I also got all that white fuzzy stuff on my driftwood, my research indicated it is harmless biofilm. Shortly after introducing shrimp into my tank they ate up all of it and my driftwood is squeaky clean.

Back
Top Bottom