Hi I don't know if my fish has fin rot or not.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RapidFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I am very knew to this website as in like ten minutes ago. So I barely know how to use it. Yesterday I had gotten a pictus catfish and today I noticed that his his one fin is frayed and has a little white on it. I don't know if this will help but at the store I noticed he was getting picked on and his whiskers are bitten off so only a centimeter or two remains. I don't know if he has fin rot or it is like that from other fish bitting him. Also I would like to know if my fishes whiskers will ever grow back. Thanks for the help.

I would assume that if your catfish was being picked on at the store than that would be the cause of your frayed fins. Keep a close eye on it though. The catfish’s whiskers should grow back although I’m not sure how fast.

Hello I am very knew to this website as in like ten minutes ago. So I barely know how to use it. Yesterday I had gotten a pictus catfish and today I noticed that his his one fin is frayed and has a little white on it. I don't know if this will help but at the store I noticed he was getting picked on and his whiskers are bitten off so only a centimeter or two remains. I don't know if he has fin rot or it is like that from other fish bitting him. Also I would like to know if my fishes whiskers will ever grow back. Thanks for the help.
Can you post a pic of him/her? If the fish was being picked on at the store (nipping at fins and the tail) it could be an infection from the damage, if it in fin and tail rot keep the water extremely clean meaning no ammonia no nitrite low nitrate 5-20 ppm, regular water changes treated with prime water conditioner, if you can post a pic would help better though.

Ok thanks for the great advice. This may be a stupid question but I don't really know how to post a picture of my fish. Cans you please tell me how to show a picture? Sorry

I think I just sent the picture with this message. If I didn't then oops.

Attachments

• IMG_5244.jpg
    IMG_5244.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 82
Ok thanks for the great advice. This may be a stupid question but I don't really know how to post a picture of my fish. Cans you please tell me how to show a picture? Sorry
Take a picture of him, when you post there is a gray box that says photos, files, videos (on mobile) click that click attachment and select the picture.

If you're on the computer it's a bit different are you on mobile or pc?

He looks hungry as well. Clean water, try some bloodworms or something like this to see if he will eat

He does eat but he stays kinda in a corner and only eats if the food is close to him.

Hi everyone! I entered the thread as I think my goldfish has fin rot too. I had him for 6 months or so, lives in a 75 L with another small oranda and my water parameters are always very good with 80% water changes weekly. I noticed a hole in the end of his caudal fin that is getting bigger. I have been doing more frequent water changes but keeps getting worse. Any treatment advice? Could I use iodine topically (like in using a damp cotton wool embedded in iodine and touch that area every day? Do other comercial treatments work? I would rather don’t treat the whole tank and I don’t have a quarantine tank at the moment. Many thanks to everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom