Hi, I'm new here and need advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcrain93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
2 days ago I cleaned my tank and when the fish were put back in I noticed that my black moor had a cloudy eye. Ha hasnt been near as active as he was since his eye has been cloudy. What could be causing this and what should I do?

Guess you should leave your fishes in when you do your water change. It causes less stress. Are the eyes of the fish popping out more than it should as well?

Before medicating, do check if your water parameters are good. If you can test it would be best =) helps eliminates some possibilities. Would you have your ammonia / nitrite reading?

Regular water changes sometimes reduce the stress levels of fishes when water quality is at the lower end. But do frequent small changes instead of a full on 100%.

When I get hit with a problem - water change is my top priority. I go as frequent as doing 15-20% almost daily when I have a problem. I’ve avoided medication to the best I can, and somehow it works for me.. so far... fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom