Hi im new to the aquarium game and need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Als Ma Pal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm just starting out and was thinking of getting the aqua one horizon 130 tank for tropical fish does anyone know if it's a good tank to go with?

Als Ma Pal said:
Hi I'm just starting out and was thinking of getting the aqua one horizon 130 tank for tropical fish does anyone know if it's a good tank to go with?

To be honest it is down to your preference and budget, one thing I will say is the larger it is the more stable it will be so go with larger. Also if your buying a tank just have a read about and find some info on fishless cycle and be extremely prepared, my best advice to you would be find a friend with a clean mature tank and see if you can grab some of his substrate/ gravel and an ornament or for perfect results grab his filter sponge haha :) hope this helped a little p.s ignore the guy in your local fish store unless he has tanks of his own :)

+1 and you might wanna look into reef ready tanks. They come pre-drilled with an overflow in the tank not need to worry about you losing your siphon and your pumps running dry or your tank overflowing. Bigger is better/easier. I just got into the hobby too and I started with a 90 gallon for my first tank. Ask lots of questions none of them are stupid and take your time with the build. Only bad things happen fast in this hobby be patient and have fun.

Hi I'm Paul from hull! me and my wife got an aqua start 340 pro 40ltr starter kit for Xmas 2010. We've had it set up for some time and were really happy with it, we had our probs but were still learning, kids love it! I enjoy cleaning it wife spends ages watching fish ! We've managed to have a number of small fish a bristle nose plec, rummy nose tetra, mickey mouse platy of which 2 of the females have had baby's and currently have a few to many (35 ish as they won't stay still to count lol) once baby's have got homes I intend to replace the rummy nose with 6 more and 6 green tetra hope this may b of some help

+1 and you might wanna look into reef ready tanks. They come pre-drilled with an overflow in the tank not need to worry about you losing your siphon and your pumps running dry or your tank overflowing. Bigger is better/easier. I just got into the hobby too and I started with a 90 gallon for my first tank. Ask lots of questions none of them are stupid and take your time with the build. Only bad things happen fast in this hobby be patient and have fun.

exstremely right advice there!!!! listen to this and you will save on so much money on exsperience :)

Back
Top Bottom