Hi...I'm new!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockstar515

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My name is Jess and I'm from middle TN. I inherited a 30 gallon tank from a friend when he moved and I'm hooked! I received the tank about three weeks ago. The tank came with a two huge silver dollar fish, a massive angel fish and a foot long sucker fish. It has a whisper filter, a heater and a bubble maker.
My first addition was a black molly just to see how the older fish reacted. They were fine with him so after a week I added four fancy guppies (I was told all male but i'm pretty sure one is female and pregnant) and three neon tetras.
I think we've gotten the levels under control and our angel fish (we thought it was male) decided to lay eggs, and I got a little freaked out until I figured out what she was doing.
I plan on adding live plants but i'm not sure which ones and where to get them.

See ya around the boards!:eek:
Jess

Welcome.

I love my angels... sort of funny that one of them will run through the bubbles after eating, sort of like it is showing off.

If you want some fun with some live barers go for various types of platys as they make good community fish.

Welcome to AA! If I were you I would stop adding fish. You are overstocked right now. You will be ok with vigilant tank maintenance, but those are some fish that require a larger tank. The silver dollars and the pleco (sucker) fish are too large for a 30 gallon tank. Like all replies on this site. Just my opinion (JMO). I assume by "we've got the levels under control" you mean ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. If you have a test kit and are testing the water, that is awesome. Most people get thier first tank and make big mistakes and lose fish. Good job with that! Like I said, with good maintenance the fish will be ok, but should eventually be in a bigger tank...Upgrade??????

Welcome to AA. i would be worried about the foot long common pleco in the 30 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom