Hi! Stocking advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to the fish world and to this forum. Recently I acquired a 40 gallon and I got it set up and it's in the middle of cycling. I plan on getting

Harlequin rasboras
Endlers live bearers
Kuhli Loaches
Cherry Shrimp

I want to know how many I should get of each, I know the harlequins are schooling fish and will need at least 6+ but I would like advice on the other ones. I was also told that the inch of fish per gallon rule was incorrect and outdated. Any help? thx!

Hey ive owned kuhli loach i had 4 with 11rummys 12 cardinal 3 mollies a betta a pleco sadly three of them died so i would recommend getting them in a group and making sure they have somewhere to hide

I have three banded kuhli loaches and they are quite happy. For them I was told between three to five as they are a community type fish. As far as the inch per gallon rule I was also told it's outdated but it really depends on the type of fish you get and how much work you're willing to put in. Plus each fish produces a different amount of waste. I would add slowly and watch your test your water frequently.

Back
Top Bottom