Hi there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarskreamX82

Aquarium Advice Regular
My name is Will and I'm coming back to the hobby after 18 years or so. When I was young we had a 20 gallon aquarium with a ridiculous number of big fat goldfish in it. The water changes were a weekly tradition riddled with curses from my dad and water spilling all over. Good times. :D Anyway, most of those died off eventually and were replaced wth fancy Guppies and Zebras. When we moved, we gave the tank away to a neighbor.

Fast forward to a month ago when I was strolling through PetSmart while my car was getting worked on next door at PepBoys. I spotted a 10 gallon tank with hood, filter, starter kit all for $20. So I jumped in and was told by the cute aquarium girl(and yeah I went back a few times just to see her lol) about cycling and stuff. So a week later I brought in a water sample and she said I could buy fish. I got 2 Black Mollies, 2 Red Platys and a Pleco. The 2 Mollies were ok for a few weeks then started swimming sideways and are gone now. I replaced them with a few glofish and 3 Skirt Tetras. The 3 tetras are doing great, theres only 1 Glofish left and the Platys are losing then color.

A few weeks ago I found a 200g tank on Cragislist which is empty for now, but will hopefully have some sharks soon.:fish1:

StarskreamX82 said:
My name is Will and I'm coming back to the hobby after 18 years or so. When I was young we had a 20 gallon aquarium with a ridiculous number of big fat goldfish in it. The water changes were a weekly tradition riddled with curses from my dad and water spilling all over. Good times. :D Anyway, most of those died off eventually and were replaced wth fancy Guppies and Zebras. When we moved, we gave the tank away to a neighbor.

Fast forward to a month ago when I was strolling through PetSmart while my car was getting worked on next door at PepBoys. I spotted a 10 gallon tank with hood, filter, starter kit all for $20. So I jumped in and was told by the cute aquarium girl(and yeah I went back a few times just to see her lol) about cycling and stuff. So a week later I brought in a water sample and she said I could buy fish. I got 2 Black Mollies, 2 Red Platys and a Pleco. The 2 Mollies were ok for a few weeks then started swimming sideways and are gone now. I replaced them with a few glofish and 3 Skirt Tetras. The 3 tetras are doing great, theres only 1 Glofish left and the Platys are losing then color.

A few weeks ago I found a 200g tank on Cragislist which is empty for now, but will hopefully have some sharks soon.:fish1:

Welcome to the forums!

Back
Top Bottom