Hi there :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlliSten

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So happy to be here. I am a novice to fishkeeping, but not necessarily a newbie. I've had glow light fish for a few years. They were given as a gift with no education at all. Soooo fast forward 3 years and the loss of several fish, I have just learned about the nitrogen cycle. I've been cycled for about 4 weeks now, thank goodness my fish are so much happier. I have a 10g tank with 5 glow light tetras and a dwarf gourami. Overstocked on the advice of a box store. So doing the best I can with what I have. They certainly appear happy and all my water parameters are perfect. Can't wait to learn more from you all [emoji3]

IMG_5294.jpg

Welcome! Glad to have you! (As a side note, those are GloFish tetras, which confusingly are a different fish than glowlight tetras. GloFish tetras are kind of a fascinating conversation piece, as they are actually genetically modified white skirt tetras. The color comes from the genes of anemones, jellyfish, and various other critters.)

Welcome! Glad to have you! (As a side note, those are GloFish tetras, which confusingly are a different fish than glowlight tetras. GloFish tetras are kind of a fascinating conversation piece, as they are actually genetically modified white skirt tetras. The color comes from the genes of anemones, jellyfish, and various other critters.)

Omgosh I totally knew that. It must have autocorrected it. Doh! [emoji12]

I even have them listed right in my log book. I had to double check lol

IMG_5340.jpg

Oh sorry! Ignore me then! [emoji6]

Hahahaha. Thanks though. I would hate to have had the wrong names for them. As much work as goes into these tanks, I would hate to be learning about the wrong kind. That could be disastrous.

Back
Top Bottom