Hideouts and fighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailpufferguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Something weird stuff going on in my ten gallon I have one platy and one juvenile electric blue jd. The platy in the picture looks scared because me being an idiot I had the flash on so besides that there aren't to many hiding spots in the tank so my eljd just hides behind a plant and the glass. He sometimes charges the platy but the whenever that happens the platy just keeps going closer I'm so confused wouldn't he swim away? he also sort of plays dead like he will stand up on his tail and lean to one side when hes charged at anyone else have this peoblem? I hope this doesn't lead to serious aggression that's what I'm worried about :/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1443379799918.jpg
    1443379799918.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 1443379816299.jpg
    1443379816299.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 103
Why are they in such a sparse 10g together? Also, there looks to be nowhere to hide and not enough room to really swim away. What are you plans for the future of these fish?

Did you properly research ebjd? A 10 gallon is not suitable for even a young one, as these are EXTREMELY finicky fish that more often than not do not grow past the 3-4" mark before slowly withering away and dying. They need to have absolutely perfect water, and even then, typically don't survive long

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was not going to respond but I have to. Freak is 100% correct. There is no way to keep an EBJD alive let alone healthy in a 10 gallon.

Well to tell the truth when I bought the ebjd the guy at the pet store was dumb and told me it was a German blue ram now I had no idea because I was still new to the hobby but I have a 60 gallon that still needs to be set up will that do for him once it's complete?

That would be awesome for him. Just keep the nitrates under 10 and hope for the best. They are really hard to get to adult size

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Alright thanks I'll try to set it up asap

Back
Top Bottom