Hiding Amano Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrCory

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So yesterday I ought 5 Amano shrimp 2 juveniles and 3 adults and so far they all seems to be hiding inside a decoration as it is the only really dark thing in my tank.Now I know they come out at night but im just wondering.Will they be ok?

They will probably be fine. Since you just got them yesterday they might still be a bit shaken up from being netted, moved, acclimated etc. Also, shrimp tend to be a bit shy sometimes. With time, they will probably come out. See if you can maybe coax them out with an algae wafer, zucchini or something of the like.

Also, maybe if you got some floating plants that could make the tank a little shadier in some parts they might be more encouraged to come out? Good luck! :):flowers:

Well what would be a good com,mon floating plant and I already tried the algae wafer thing and one of the juveniles poked his head out and then went back in but if they dont move for a while is tghat ok>

Well what would be a good com,mon floating plant and I already tried the algae wafer thing and one of the juveniles poked his head out and then went back in but if they dont move for a while is tghat ok>

Hmm.. A good floating plant for a starter would be hornwort. My cherry shrimp enjoy sitting on it and picking out the little particles. Also, you could try frogbit, water lettuce... That's okay if he just poked his head out. As I said, just give them some time. They have only been in there for a day or so, correct? :)

Yes actually just yesterday at 10:00 they were acclimating so they got in the tank oh aout 10:40

Also I noticed That I DONT think my LFS has mhornwort does moneywort do okay floating and if so Can ISEE a picture of both floating>

Back
Top Bottom