Hiding Gouramies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob S

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I've had a community tank running for just over a year and one of the early species in there were 3 pearl Gouramies. 1 male 2 female. Just over a week ago they started hiding all in separate areas. Pretty much as far away from each other as possible and out of sight. The last additions to the tank were 5 silver hatchet fish which have been in the tank for well over a month. All other fish in the tank seem fine, good colouration and very active. Has anyone any idea why the Gouramies have got shy all of a sudden. Thanks for any ideas

I've had dwarf gouramis for years and never observed that behavior. Never had Pearls though.
Whenever something seems a bit "off" in one of my tanks, even if all the fish seem fine, I always go to the old tried-and-true water change, just in case; test your water before and after. If everything comes out good, then you can start looking for other causes.

Thanks for the advice. We must have gone to the same school, that was the first thing I did

Back
Top Bottom