High quality flake foods - What do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adeebm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering what types of flake foods everyone uses and recommends for community fish. I've been using Aqueon flakes and they're not the greatest so it's time for me to get something better.

--Adeeb

It depends how much money I have when needing to buy fish food. Im currently using a top fin brand, but I usually use new Life spectrum

I use new life and o.s.i,also ocean nutrtion,all three are very good in my opinion.

TetraColor tropical flakes, Wardley's total color flakes and Spirulina flakes.

I use TetraColor tropical crisps, I know they're not flakes but i find my fish like them as well if not better than flakes and they produce a lot less waste while feeding (the ones that fall apart into "crumbs" as the fish are eating them)

Just wondering what types of flake foods everyone uses and recommends for community fish. I've been using Aqueon flakes and they're not the greatest so it's time for me to get something better.

--Adeeb

you should use tetra min tropical flakes.

I agree with jjhabe on the Omega One. Its made at a seafood plant in Sitka, Alaska and the ingredients are amazing.

It smells like fresh seafood when you open the container, not mealie like Wardley's or other cheap brands. Their veggie flakes and pellets are well loved by my herbivores too.

Multiple articles and forums report poor quality brands... Tetra is one of them. I can tell the difference in quality by the smell of the flakes. Just trying to help out. :)

mind posting a link to these articles? i can't seem to find any articles that state tetramin is poor quality food.

First two links are from a forum with people stating their opinions...this does not mean tetramin is of poor quality.

The last link looks like a nicely written advertisement :)

Back
Top Bottom