High temparatures and plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orca2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I'm new here.
I will not be at home for 14 days and I wanted to ask if my aquarium plants can survive this extreme conditions during that period.
There will bi no sunlight only 36 w aquarium light 10 hours in a day.
Temperature outside might rise up to 42C which means it will bi up to 35C in aquarium.
Write now I cant get any cooling system

Can I hope my plants will live?

Can you put the lights on a timer for 6 hours a day only? If I did the math right your expecting the tank to possibly get up to 96? Plants can usually handle upper 80's for a while but over that I'm not so sure. Is there fish in there or just plants?

Can you put the lights on a timer for 6 hours a day only? If I did the math right your expecting the tank to possibly get up to 96? Plants can usually handle upper 80's for a while but over that I'm not so sure. Is there fish in there or just plants?

Yes I have timer and it can be 96f but pobably not more than few days.
No fish in aquarium untill I get back from vacation.

One morning I woke up to a tank with a temperature of 102.5 F. I had 3 platies, a bunch of dwarf sag, and some aponogetons. Some of the aponogetons leaves wilted a bit but that's all. Everything was fine.

One morning I woke up to a tank with a temperature of 102.5 F. I had 3 platies, a bunch of dwarf sag, and some aponogetons. Some of the aponogetons leaves wilted a bit but that's all. Everything was fine.

Did u had fish, did they survived?

Yes I have timer and it can be 96f but pobably not more than few days.
No fish in aquarium untill I get back from vacation.

That's good for no fish! Also if your tank has a lid can you either remove it or open the front panel access that you feed from and leave it open. That will help a little too.

Back
Top Bottom