Hillstream loach sold as a pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danielle9288

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am relatively new to fish keeping and I currently have a 20 gallon fully cycled tank that has guppies in it (for the kids) and once my brother has rehomed his saltwater fish, I will be getting his 50 gallon tank (for me!) :)
Anyway, today at one of my lfs's I saw a beautiful little fish that they called a butterfly pleco. I quickly googled it on my phone and it seemed like it would be ok in my tank, so I bought it. When I got home I went looking for more info on it and found that what I have looks more like a hillstream loach than a butterfly pleco. These seem like they are wrong for my tank and I'm not sure what to do. Is there any way it could live happily with guppies? Could I build up my new tank around it (although it would have to stay with the guppies until my brothers fish get rehomed and i get the tank safe for it) or should I take it back to the shop? Any advice would be great, thanks.

From what I've seen on here, millstreams need current. And do best in groups. As for tank size, I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom