HLLE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mahoney709

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recused my oscar months ago from an overcowded 55g hes about 12-14" long. He had what appeared to be HLLE. So hes been in my 125 now for months. 0 ammonia , 20 ppm nitrates, ph 7.5

I do multiple w/c a week and feed him a huge variety of high quality expensive pellets. Theres even one i make sure he gets everyday with thiamine to regenerate tissue.

Now it hasnt gotten any worse by no means an he seems happier and healtheir then ever. But you can still see his lateral line and it appears that there are some permanent scarring on his head.

Is it possible that this is scarring potentially caused by the severity of the disease when he had it at the lfs? Not to mention he was crammed in that small tank with another O the same size, a red devil, a redhead and black belt!!!!! Talk about nitrate and ammonia levels!!!

Im just concerned as it seems i am doing everything right. Lots of filtration. No overstocking.

yes, it can leave scarring and it sounds like you're doing all you can to make him healthy, nice save =)

Back
Top Bottom